Thursday, August 28, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Little Luke has been busier than ever. He had is first dentist appointment last week. It went rather well that was until they polished his teeth. He has a thing about tastes & textures and the fruity gritty toothpaste was quite the shocker for him. He had already taken x-rays, which I was shocked at, but we finished unwillingly with a good dose of flouride. It is VERY strange to have to "find" a new dentist and not be working at the office my family attends. I have worked in a dental office since 1996!!! Not that I want to work at one again, it was just so strange to be on the "patient" side.
Luke is doing great at pre-school. He cried all the way to school on Tuesday & as I handed him off to his teacher and bolted out the door I fought off the tears as well, but he had stopped by the type I got to the front door. He begged all day yesterday to go to school and couldn't understand why he had to wait another day. As we were going to bed last night I told him he gets to go to school tomorrow and he got upset?! So confusing for such a little mind!
Aunt Juanita is coming for a visit today and we will be traveling back to Texas next week for my mom's 60th birthday. I am really looking forward to it!!
When we get back Luke starts t-ball practice and then the week of Sept. 20th he will have his first game. I can't wait!!
Juven has been buried at work with preparing for mid-year reviews and that is finishing up this week and be done with today. He will be one glad daddy for this to be over as it has taken all his time lately getting prepared for.
Sorry I don't have any pics to post. I'm sure I will after this weekend and our visit with Juven's siter.

Also- we conquered no milk to go to bed with!! whoo hoo! More tough love!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of you! I want pictures:)

Monica said...

Good job on tough love!!! I wish I could have cleaned his teeth!!!