I want to get all of our trip details down so I don't forget anything. I told myself I would journal while we were there but of course that didn't happen.
We left on Saturday from DFW at 2:45 and of course somehow we were running late and had not eaten anything when we go to our gate. Luckily we were in the new terminal of DFW and found Cousin's BBQ and slammed down BBQ sandwiches. I had been planning what to pack for several weeks and didn't want to forget anything or be withought anything. I packed us a DVD player and movies and a blanket and pillow for out 9 hour trip. When we boarded the plane each seat had a blanket, pillow, and individual TV's. First lesson learned for next year.
When we landed in Frankfurt Germany it was 7 am there and we had an hour to catch our connection to Marsaille France. We had to stand in line for customs with only 40 minutes to spare. By the time we got through security and to our gate our plane was not suppose to take of for 5 minutes but they said the gate was closed. I almost lost it. I was freaking out we were in another country, stranded, and very tired. There was not another flight for us intil 4:30 that afternoon. I held it together, kind of. We had 8 hours to kill! We were able to go into the admirals club in the Lusthana airline because we had business class tickets. We spent 4 hours in there and decided to go find a restaurant and blow a couple of more hours. We walked, and walked, and walked. No restaurants in the Frankfurt airport. Only sandwich shops.
By the time we got to our hotel in the country side of Provence we had been up almost 30 hours! We did sleep about 30 minutes on our last flight but not much to help. We went directly to a group dinner where everyone was meeting. We had the best white wine I have every had! The wine all came from local vineyards and was amazing. We were the last ones to leave dinner!
The next morning we took a tour of a loca olive mill and learned all about the olive oil process and got some great pictures of the countryside.

0 comments:
Post a Comment