Friday, May 2, 2008

It's been a while!





Wow! I am wayyyy behind. Got a lot of catching up to do.




I spent a couple of days painting 2 walls in the living room "painted turtle". I always like to go with beige colors, but with our views of brown mountains, brown houses, and brown dirt outside these windows we felt we probably needed to go with another color. It actually has turned out nicely. The room was very bright with the light color flooring, so many windows, and white walls that it needed to be warmed up a bit.






Here are our samples from our "rock shopping". I think we will go with the "Apache Rose" on the far left.

Here is the concrete mixer backing through our utility gate to pour our patio. This was quite an exciting thing for Luke as he is really into all type of "work" trucks.



Concrete being laid and smoothed out. Our grass was delivered last night about 2 am. It was like Christmas for Juven. I heard the truck pull up and woke Juven up. He went and peeked out the window and couldn't go back to sleep once it was dropped off. He made me go outside with him to look at it and "touch"it!


Here is a BEAUTIFUL lake we found recently. Saguaro Lake. We ate lunch at the resaurant overlooking the water. Can you say BOAT FEVER??!!



Here is a river just south of the lake where people fish, swim, or float. Luke said he wanted to get his feet wet, but as soon as we got in he was not so excited about it.




We went to Palm Springs and Yuma last week with Juven for work so he wouldn't have to travel alone. Palm Springs is beautiful. Mountains, palm trees, beautiful flowers, beautiful weather. People- not so nice. I hope I don't affend anyone, but my experience with California so far is that it is way over rated. I acutally hated it. The people are rude, everything is expensive, and the entire time I was there I felt I had to constantly be looking over my shoulder. It was nice to visit and be able to say I had been there, but I don't want to go back anytime soon and I could definately not live there. San Diego last fall was a little better, but I still was not blown away from it like I thought I would be.
These are pics of just driving down the street in Palm Springs. It is georgous.


Once back on the way from Palm Springs to Yuma, you get this. Sand dunes. It is right by the Mexico boarder and the boarder patrol is very heavy. Juven and I were having a discussion about why would it be so heavy? How could anyone make it through the sand dunes especially in the heat? Come to find out this area is one of the most common crossings for illegal immigrants. The boarder patrol catches about 500 people A DAY!!!!! and that is only about 23% of how many people are crossing A DAY!!! Crazzzyyy!!!
Well, think I'm about done for now. Hopefully it won't take me so long next time.








2 comments:

Tracy Younker said...

Love the pics and that Lake looks gorgeous! I grew up a mile from Lake Ontario and I MISS that! People here in TX are just about the nicest that I've met anywhere. New York is probably a lot like CA - very rude!

Jennifer said...

Looks like you're having fun. Miss ya bunches! Kyndall spent the night w/ Nanny last night! Yea!!!