Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Fun

It so amazes me how much can happen in only one year. Last July 9th we were living in Texas and had no idea our lives were about to change so much. We were on our way to Pensacola Beach, Florida. We drove through Louisiana, Alabama, and Missour. We got to see things we had never seen before. We saw along the coast where the eye of Katrina hit & New Orleans and the destruction that was still there 3 years later. It was an amazing trip and soooo relaxing.



On July 25, 2007 we found out we were moving to Phoenix. I can't believe it's already been a year! Juven took over the territory August 1st and we were officially here October 6th. We have seen so many places since then and have been so fortunate to have access to so many great places. Juven has been to Chicago, Orlando, San Francisco, and will be going to Seattle in August. Together we have been to San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Malibu, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, Manhattan Beach, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, the Joshua Tree Forrest, the Grand Canyon, (twice), Flagstaff, Sedona, Jerome, Payson, Tonto national forest to see the natural bridge, and so many places in between. I just can't believe we have been from one side of the nation to the other side!




So, all the beaches I names in California we went to this last weekend. Juven had to work in Palm Springs so we went with him and left a day early. We left our house Saturday morning at 5:30 and were having lunch on Manhattan Beach. AMAZING weather the entire time! 75 and breezy. We hung out at that beach for a while and on Sunday we drove up to Santa Monica and Malibu. I'm posting a pic of a Lamborghini (sp) we saw that was ridiculously expensive I'm sure. We camped out at the beach in Santa Monica for a couple of hours and then ventured off down highway 1 to Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach.


I have always been terrified of earthquakes. Whether it is family or friends in California I am constantly worried about them. So, needless to say being there myself with my husband and child -I was a little tense. Then when we drove into Laguna Beach I was like- Screw the earthquakes! We're gonna die sometime!!!!! I can't believe how amazing that little town is. Juven has always wanted to live in Cali and I have always been against it! Well- not now!! Of course there is no way we could afford it, but if we could live in Laguna, I would move in a heart beat! Well- after some research-. Los Angeles was hit with a 5.4 earthquake this morning and I wasn't too excited to hear that considering we were just in southern Cali less than 24 hours ago!

Luke and Juven playing footbal on the beach.
Well- Luke had a blast at the beach! He loves the sand, but just as last year was not so much into playing in the water. It was cold but the sound of the waves scared him. We got him to get his feet wet by letting the end of the waves chase us and he fell and felt the force of the water and was not too happy. So- we just played with his tractors and buckets after that.

Also- this is how redicuouls technology has gotten. We traveled with: 2 cell phones, a cell phone car charger, an ipod with an adaptor to hear it in the car, DVD player & charger, Juven's work lap top, & a GPS system to help us get around in LA!! There were cords and plugs everywhere!!

CRAZY!!

2 comments:

Tracy Younker said...

How fun! We love to travel too! I can't imagine life with kids without all the electronic gadgets now!

Monica said...

How fun!! That has been a good thing about your move. You have seen so many fun places. It looks like Aric may start to travel some with work. I am planning to tag along at times. : )Glad yall had a fun time.