It has been a quiet week around here. Juven is in Orlando at national meetings so Luke and I have been trying to occupy our time and stay cool. Monday we went with our neighbor and her 3 boys to the library to see the Bee Movie. We got it for Luke and he has seen it several times, but I never realized I havent' actually sat down to watch it until Monday. It really is a cute movie. I also started painting my kitchen on Monday and finally finished today. When I first start painting I always think- this isn't so bad, I think I'll go ahead and do the entire house. Then by the third day I am sooo beat down tired that I swear I'll not paint another wall. But- in a few months I'll forget how hard I worked and start another room. It's amazing what a gallon of paint will do for the house! Luke did so good at letting me work that I rewarded him today by taking him to eat lunch at McDonalds and then to see "Kung Foo Panda". I think that is what it's called. I only know it as the panda movie. He loooved it! It was pretty cute. It had a little more violence than I normally let him see but he did okay. As long as he doesn't start going around the house like he's fighting kung foo he'll be okay.
We are making progress potty training. He will wear his big boy undies now, but still will not stand by the potty or sit. He just tells me when he has to go and we put a pull up on him and when he is done we put him back in his undies. That's quite an accomplishment for him to wear his undies considering he would through them under the bathroom sink whenever I tried to put them on him only a few months ago. This potty training is soooo tough & he is soooo stubborn! I've just backed off and ask him every couple of days if he is ready to sit on the potty yet & of course his response remains, "No. No thank you." Patience, paitience, patience. He has always let me know when he is ready for a change and he has been consistence with his letting me know, so I will wait.
My family is coming on Sunday and I am soooo excited!!!! I can't wait for them to see beautiful Arizona and our new house. It will be so nice to have family around for a few days!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Quiet days
Posted by Melissa at 4:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hang in there with the potty training! I feel your pain! Zac will FINALLY try #2 on the potty after almost a year of waiting!
Post a Comment