Well, this weekend we explored off to a place just outside of Payson Az. It is called Tonto Natural Bridge National Park. And just as the name says it is a natural bride. Soooo beautiful. It is in the pines and a underground river carved out this bridge and made caves we got to climb up in. Even Luke! The rock in the caves was like ice. Very slick especially when wet. We hiked down a long trail with railrode tie steps and the views were amazing. We were suppose to go to a Halloween carnival when we got home but it was too late and we were exhausted. Luke keeps asking for the Halloween party. He is content to wait until Wednesday though. All he really cares about is Halloween cookies.
We will be in Flagstaff next week while Juven trains a new hire and then my mom comes for a visit!!!! I am in need of family!!! My uncle comes the next week and then Juven's partents are coming for Thanksgiving. A few weeks later we then head home for Christmas. I am very excited about all the visits coming up and then getting to head back to Texas! Hope you all are enjoying the nice cool weather as it is still in the upper 90's during the day here. I am dieing for some comfty sweats. Don't know if you can see in this cave pic, but there are people standing on the rocks in the back.


6 comments:
WOW what fun adventures you guys are having there. You are also getting your exercise. You have such beautiful things to see around there. Would you like me to send you a picture of a mesquite bush/tree? :) I am glad you have family coming your way. I know that will be nice. Even better that you will be coming back to Texas soon too. It hasn't changed since you left. Also, I am wearing shorts today no comfty sweats yet. Love you friend.
Melissa-
The photos are so beautiful...moving is so hard. We look forward to the day when we can move back to Texas, also. We spent the summer in Show Low, Arizona and just loved it..Payson is right next door...we are only a five hour drive from you (I think)...come see us!!!
Gina and family
Great pictures. I know you guys are having a great time. We will miss Luke "trick or treating" this year. Bill
Hi Melissa! The pictures are great, so beautiful there. And Luke is such a handsome little guy! We were just in Vegas last week and the weather was perfect, enjoyed seeing the mountains out that way. I hope you guys sell the house soon! Enjoy your Halloween and make sure you get Luke those Halloween cookies! So glad you have included me in your blog! Terry (p.s. still miss you at Dr White's office!!)
I'm so surprised to see you in nature w/ TENNIS SHOES ON:) hahaha
Thanks for keeping us updated with pictures. I can't believe how big Luke is. Tell him we said hi.
Kevin & Angela Jones
Post a Comment