I have finally settled back in from our trip! Laundry is done, the house is clean, Christmas decorations are put up and the tree is taken down. For those of you I haven't gotten to talk to our trip home was not as smooth as the trip to Texas.
We arrived at the airport at 9 a.m. planning on taking off at 11:20. When we got to our gate in terminal A we found out our flight had been changed to terminal D. So- we hopped on the train and off we went. Got to terminal D- boarded and deboarded after maintenance found something wrong with one of the landing gears. An hour later we found out our flight had been cancelled because they couldn't find another plane to take us to Phoenix. Our options were to go standby- but all flights were booked, take the 6:30 flight to Tuscon and be bussed 90 miles to the Phoenix airport or have a 2 hour layover in Tuscon to get a connecting flight to Phoenix. Or fly out the next morning. Our bags were- well I don't know were they were at this point. But- no bags, no car seat, & if we flew out the next morning we would be put up in a Days Inn. We were just not settling for these options.
So, Juven used his sweet charm and talked to a ticket agent for about an hour as Luke and myself had a meltdown. FINALLY they came up with three seats for the 4 p.m. flight. However, they were not all together. Luke's was in first class and mine and Juven's were scattered through coach. How in the world can Luke fly by himself I know you are thinking- - as I was thinking to myself "What the heck are you doing!!!!!" to Juven as he explained the situation to me. He quickly calmed me down explaining how surely someone would move up to first class with no argument.
So- we got back on the train to go back to terminal A. Got to our gate and Juven decides to use the meal vouchers we were given for our trouble to go back to terminal D to McDonalds and get our $15 back!!!!! So, as Luke and I settled in to wait off he went. Then- as Juven returns empty handed with no $15 he realized our gate has been moved ten gates away!!!!!!!!!!!! He bolts to the new gate as Luke and I wait (Luke was poopin so we were not going anywhere). Juven then talks to the person at the boarding counter and somehow gets all of our seats together on the very last row of the airplane! OH wait-- I'm not done. We then sit on the tarmac for one hour due to a tear in the wall of the luggage compartment and they can not even load the luggage until it is fixed!! We finally departed at around 5 p.m.
When we landed in the Phoenix airport (I don't know how) but we easily found our luggage. But- then we couldn't find the car!! So-- once in the car we hit Wendy's, ate, showered, and went to bed!! This was a lovely New Years Day!!!!!
Oh, I forgot the part where when our gate was changed to 10 gates away- about 20 minutes later is was changed back to where Luke and I were! I also forgot to mention that when we were deboarded and found out our flight had been cancelled we were taken out of security to be reticketed and once were booked on the 4:00 flight had to go BACK THROUGH security. Ya, definitely driving next year.
I'm still going- backing up to Dec. 22 & 23. Had to do ALL of my Christmas shopping in 2 days. Unable to find the toys Luke picked out consistently and frantically wrapped on Christmas Eve while Juven took Luke to the mall.
But- overall we did have a wonderful trip and were so happy to celebrate the birth of Jesus with our families. Just a few snags along the way. At least we didn't get stranded due to ice!!
Monday, January 7, 2008
Oh Happy Day
Posted by Melissa at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I feel your pain! That kind of thing ALWAYS happens to us! This time things weren't too bad but flying with kids is NEVER fun!
Post a Comment